<

Saturday, June 18, 2005

what a night

So our basement flooded last night. In a matter of minuets the water went from slight trickles from cracks in the walls to Danielle and I standing in water up to the tops of my thighs.

Thankfully we got all of the stuff that was really important out. All of my stuff was down there - and in a flash of brilliant (lucky) thinking, when I moved it all down there at the beginning of summer I thought "I should put that on top of some dressers just in case it floods"
sure enough it flooded.

A few moments after we got all of the boxes and stuff up stairs the dresser that they were all sitting on took to floating...the washing machine was floating as well and the dryer bin was full of water...I had most of my school clothing in there....:( so sad.

So a tonne of places around town got flooded and sewer systems all backed up...ya it was nasty. The Fire Department was out all night pumping peoples basements - poor guys. They left our house at quarter to three...I am so wasted today. I got up early to help clear out the soggy boxes and smelly carpets and such that all got drowned. Yucky job.

Today started the clean up. We - Danielle and I - can't sleep at the house for at least the weekend becaues of all the fumes from the sewage crap.....*ewwwww* *and to think that I was thigh deep in it*

It was all terribly exciting. Not the flooding bit mind you but the "Severe Thunderstrom/Tornado" watch. That was so cool. I LOVE...very much so LOVE thunderstorms...and as destructive and horrible as tornado's are....I love them. So to get directed to the weather channel by my mother who phoned to see that all was well - I realized that for most of the evening the WHOLE of southern sask was in a huge "CAUTION" area.

I don't quite know why I love being humbled by the immense weather that can toss me about like fart in the wind - but it is so cool.

I leave on saturday...
I have so much to do...