<

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

musings from munich

I watched Munich this afternoon. It is the new Speilberg movie out if you were unaware.

When people ask me what I thought of a movie right after I have seen it - it is very hard for me to answer. I need buffering time, time to stew on all that I have just seen and heard.
Especially in the case of this movie.
This movie is very dialogue heavy, very intense, very situationally driven and very raw. So during the three hours as events unfold there is so much that you are taking in and trying to process.

In the midst of trying to process all that the movie is putting forth you are dealing with your own thoughts, opinions, and views. It becomes a rather tricky balancing act. At least it does with me.

The movie deals with the subject of vengence and essentially what that does to your soul. Eric Bana was phenominal, gained some serious respect for his acting abilities with this movie. It is through his character that you watch the effects take shape....powerful performance.

The movie challenges the idea of "grey areas". We all have those areas in life that we think are black and white, simple and neatly tucked away in a labled box and put aside. But Speilberg did an amazing job at taking an issue that was/is black and white to many and then slowly revealing it, peeling away layers, and ultimately revealing the complexities that make it so very very grey.

There are so many grey areas in life. Issues that you cannot just package neatly like you want too. I find that everything around me tells me to get to the point as fast as possible, package the issue, lable and identify it as soon as you can. I am realizing the value of taking time for things, being alright with not necessarily identifying something as soon as I can, but letting it reveal itself, letting things unfold and trusting that process...that process of unfolding and revealling.

random thoughts from a random evening...