<

Monday, April 10, 2006

France

I fell asleep dreaming of living in France last night.
I have had it on my heart to learn French for a long time now. I just feel like I "have" to, there is no option in the matter - and I just really would like to be fluent in French (someday I want to speak as many languages as I have time to learn)

My logic with languages is that if I have the means I want to move to where the language is spoken instead of just taking classes. This is because languages are tied with cultures and people, and to get a proper understanding of a language you need to see and be with the culture and the people.

I have wanted to move to France for a long time, namely because the countryside would be a beautiful place to get to know, also to learn french cuisine, but primarily to learn the language, France french. (Canadian french is ok, but it is VERY different from France french, if i get a choice in the matter, I choose France French).

I am getting excited about moving to Calgary, about getting to know the area that I will be living in, about being able to swim in the mornings, of joining bowling clubs and aqua size, taking walks and exploring downtown Calgary, finding a church community...Too soon, my time here is ending too soon.
I have run out of things to type.