<

Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Speech

Trying to figure out what to say infront of a large member of your peers, teachers, guests, and unkowns is a hard deal. I have had pieces of ideas, fragments of speeches that have hardly any shape or form, floating around my head for about a week now. I wonder how it will all come together - it truly is a mystery to me.

At least those floating fragments are getting longer each time I dwell on them. I talk to myself a lot, which has proved to be such an amazing little aspect because I spew out all that is on my mind. For example as I was a climbing The Gap, down at the River Hills, I gave my whole speech while hiking up the huge wall, by the time I reached the top I had given my whole address, from start to finish. It had good form, nice length, good points. I should just learn from my personality and take a recorder around with me everywhere so I can catch these profound moments of brilliance.

This has happened many times lately. A moment of solitude and all of a sudden I have spoken a really good speech...of course I can't remember it and now it only exists in fragmented bits floating around my noggin' like some crudely drawn cartoon.

I often wonder what good could ever come out of my incredibly horrible memory.
I spent 6 hours today hashing out our SRC constitution and Policy Manual.My brain is sufficiently on vacation because of it.

Hard to believe that in three days this college will be near empty.