<

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Art History

I am so thankful for this art history course I am just finishing up. To be able to take a course on something that I really find interesting and appicable is such a gift I think.

Being in class however is somewhat frustrating because certain "wrestlings" that have lain dormant are not very much so not dormant any longer, they are in my face daring me to wrestle with them. I find I can only wrestle with them in fits, small moments of strength, and then I collapse in exhuastion, hyper ventalating as my spirit is out of shape and doesn't know how to wrestle.

I am hoping however, that the small moments when i do fight, and wrestle those things that it will be a means of training and my spirit and heart will grow stronger....

I have been so overwhelmed by my love for a couple of things lately.

I have always wanted to be a photographer.
In fact I think one of the first careers that I remember wanting to pursue when I was a child was to work for National Geographic as a photo journalist (I mean travel and take photo's as a living! Hello! Frickin' amazing)

The other has been sculptures.
Being an only child I spent much time on my own farting around in the back yard, or in back alleys or in broke down buildings and such. I was an explorer, i loved it. But I remember trying to carve things out of blocks of wood I found or enormous stones. ( I used to throw smaller stones at the large stones trying to carve it - needless to say it didn't work very well but boy did I try...lol)

These two things have been stiring in me like crazy since before xmas, and it is getting near unbearable...

I found once again the web site of this sculptor in Vancouver - stinking amazing stuff...take a gander, especially the suspended figures...

Go Here