<

Saturday, January 07, 2006

well...

the banners are hanging.
They are up.
..........and its only taken four months..........
(note the sarcasim..*wink*)

I will say that it definately looks really good to have material hanging in there. It amazes me that even something as simple as putting material up, can change and add SO MUCH to a room.
I love our chapel but it is so bleak and the one bit of art that is there is covered up by the overhead screen, so its nice to seem something different in there.....
I don't think that I am sold on the image on them yet, but that is more of a paint and material issue...it would be AMAZING if we had some gifted banner makers that could use that transparent gold material that I used and then sew the image on instead of paint it...that would look AMAZING... ( I will add it to my "learn how to do" list)

anyway...after a week of art history class, painting till I can't handle it anymore and more late nights than I care to remember...I am off to play 007 on my PS2, i need to touch up on my snipeing capabilities....why is running around stealthily with a gun so satisfying to my soul?


p.s- for those of you who follow the church seasons, yesterday was the begining of Epiphany - I challenge you to find ways in which you can celebrate the season!