<

Monday, February 20, 2006

Yeah Canada!!


Go Canada!

The Olympic Womens hockey team - just moments ago - beat Sweden in the gold medal game with a final score of 4-1.

Hillariously enough they also out shot them with shots on net at about 35 for Canada and a mere 7 for Sweden. Better luck in 2010 Sweden.

I went to grab a cola and as I was on my way back stumbled across the game.

Delirously happy I was able to watch it. The whole time however all I could mutter in my head was "Nice shot" and "Good greif I miss playing hockey"

On the wonderful flip side of my lamenting the fact that I have not been on a hockey team for AGES is the wonderful event at FGBC called NO STAR hockey.

That's right, tis a night where all those wonderful students who do not play on Storm Hockey can find a pair of skates, a stick and helmut, and hit the ice (quite literally I am afraid).

Its a blast of a night and there is enormous fun to be had....I am looking forward to playing some hockey tonight.....but until then, I really need to return to work.