<

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Peculiar

Before I make a deliriously gleeful return,
*note the sarcasim*
to the copious amounts of homework I have,
I need to get something off my chest,
well in actuality - obviously - it is my mind.

It has been something that I have been observing for a good length of time now.
At first I thought,
"well that's wonderfully quirky"
but now I just stare with a blank look on my face.

I first noticed it with Yuki the Second.
I
- enjoying the random moments of silence in my house -
would suddenly hear the sound of rocks against glass.
Now obviously this seriously caught my attention.

I would wander in the general direction of the sound
and see Yuki the Second (my turquoise fish for those who are unaware)
trying to place himself under the rocks in his bowl.

I stood there with a smirk thinking
"i've never seen a fish do that before"
and watched him frequently since then doing the same thing.

I thought that this was where it was all going to end,
but no.
Napoleon the Third apparently "caught the bug" as well.
It was about a week ago when I really started to notice.
Walking over to their homes, checking to make sure all was well.
I found Napoleon the Third was doing the same thing Yuki did,
the trying to place himself under the rocks in his bowl thing.

At first I was all like "well at least I am happy that I have quirky fish"
Then a few days ago I am passing their bowls and I can't see them.
Slight panic sets in *how do fish just disappear*
They are no where to be found...

Following logically reasoned thought,
the first thing to cross my mind was,
"JACK EDWARD PINTER!" (my cat)

but then I looked harder.

Here Yuki the Second and Napoleon the Third
have completely buried themselves under the rocks.
Totally under the rocks.
Can you picture it?

Before you would see a random fin sticking out,
like they had been caught in a freak rock slide or something.
but now they are completely hidden.

I am not sure what to make of this.
Did i just happen to find two fish with the same quirky personality trait?
odd.

They appear normal and healthy,
they don't seem "sick",
except that they like to be buried under rocks.

It is delightfully strange to say the least...