<

Monday, April 25, 2005

Rest - finally

The flurry of this weekend was just overwhelming. There were so many areas and places that I had to keep my head invovled in...wow...no wonder I crashed today. Trying to get that speech written was just overwhelming, then attending board meetings, which was great.

Sunday evening was incredible. First we had our commitee meetings from 3-5 and then we had an amazing meal that the amazing Chef Miller prepared. This was all followed up by a question and answer period with our Grad speaker Rikk .E. Watts. What an incredible time that was. The discussion was just discussing church, past, present, and future and how to reach people etc. It was amazing. Followed up perfectly by The Lords Supper.

Today was the all day board meeting but surprisingly we were done by noon...which I think all invovled were thrilled about. In the past we have usually gone till around 4 pm - so this was a beautiful surprise.

This afternoon, after the board meeting -despite the fact that I haven't packed my room yet - I was like "I need to watch a movie". That is just what I did. It has been so long since I have watched a movie. Of course the movie I choose to watch was the farthest thing from a relaxing, humorous, light film. No I decided to watch Hotel Rwanda.What an incredible film. The reality of the atrocities of genocide that happened all over the world just smacked me right in the face. My heart broke as I was pulled into the story of this Hotel Manager who ends up saving around 1200 people during the middle of the genocide. So powerful.

So I left from watching this film thinking about humanity, caring for humanity, the destruction of humanity. All of these issues of the UN, the west's response to these things happening in countries....my head was nice and full.