<

Monday, October 17, 2005

lamenting the loss of a camera

I was given this really nice camera as a grad gift from my Aunt and Uncle back in 2000. I really loved this camera. Up until that time I had simply been using disposable ones because I couldn't afford a proper camera.

One day a friend and I went to watch a movie in the middle of the day. Neither of us were working and it was a wonderful way to spend a fall day - especially before the winter came. We come out from the movie to find odd scratches on her car. Looking at each other we realized that the car had been broken into. We get in to find out what damage had been done or what had been taken.

She had CD's stolen and I think maybe her CD player and my back pack was taken. Inside this backpack of mine was this wonderful little camera along with a pair of glasses that I had just gotten about two weeks prior. I was so frustrated.

I have been remembering this little event because lately I have just wanted to take photo's. Everytime I see someone with their camera (there are many gifted photographers around the college this year) I silently grieve the loss of my little camera.
So I think a soon "big buy" (obviously way in the future because I cannot even attempt to afford it) will be the Canon EOS 20D ....mmmmm.

So I have been listening to Rita Springer's new CD....ya I really like it.