<

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

sun spots

There is incredible joy when you are able to sit in the sun.
Correction - lounge in the sun.

Most days I feel like a cat because as I walk circles within these college walls I come across certain locations that warm my heart. There are a handful of windows that when the sun is sitting properly in the sky, offer the most wonderful moments.

I try to walk past these locations, try to keep tholeling along, but there is a pull that is stronger than my will. It whispers at me in a steady rhythm,
drawing me,
wooing me,
until I loose the will to fight and give into the bliss.

It is a magical moment when you are able to lie on your back with the sun light resting on you.
Where your eyes hurt because of the brightness pounding them - even though they are closed.
Your body tingles under the magnified warmth coming through the glass.
You lie still,
tucked away in some corner of the college where hardly anyone walks by,
and you rest in silence under the warmth of sunlight.

Your thoughts heat up like they are in an oven,
the intensity of both the silence and the sunlight bring new perspective and new joy.

Soon the bittersweet realization that you have to get up off the floor and continue your day weasles into your conciousness
and the task that was negelcted for the patch of sun begins to press on.

Walking away from the sun patch on the floor I stand and stretch
- just like a cat -
and as I walk my gaze is full of sun spots and I can't help but smile and wonder when I can return again to the patch of sun on the floor,
curl up like a cat and get lost in the Sun.