<

Saturday, October 01, 2005

lovin' it

Hola do I ever love playing volleyball.
Just walking into the Civic Center, watching three courts alive with teams, coaches, refs....
*sigh*
It was divine.

Each time I have the opportunity to play volleyball I am amazed at how greatly I love it. I spend the time beaming and grinning from ear to ear I am so happy. Even in the midst of injury or lossing set after set....I still couldn't be much happier.
My cup runneth over with joy.

As per usual - I lost my voice and have been mocked for it all weekend. You see I was captain and of course I am calling things out (positions, free balls, short balls, balls that are out, and team cheers....) and doing that quite loudly in order for our team to hear it over three courts worth of noise, fans, and whistles....well it puts quite a strain on ones vocals.

So I have no voice....it is almost completely gone.

IT IS OCTOBER FIRST!
What the heck. I mean good grief.

10 beautiful things from today
  • watching the very long pink, grey, orange, red, and purple sunset tonight
  • many many many chai latte's in the course of two days
  • cuddleing with Jack the cat
  • a quiet house
  • candle lit baths
  • small yet significant conversations with strangers at Starbucks
  • playing volleyball
  • a really amazing serve that was hard yet curved at the last moment to land perfectly in the far back corner... beauty.
  • watching two excellent teams play three very close sets against each other
  • watching my teammate make a perfect "in your face" block against a really good hit