<

Monday, October 17, 2005

stirred again

I have been listening to Rita Springer all day today.
This has been an incredible thing, a very uplifting thing, and a very challenging thing.
There have been three women in music that have - without fail - stirred in me, reawakended in me, sparked something in regards to my love and pursuit of music.
Jann Arden, Rita Springer, and Kim McMechan.
Could I even try and explain what it is I mean?

I used to write songs.
Worship songs, random songs, anything.
No one heard it, I never let anyone in on it, but I did it and I did it a lot.
I don't remember when it stopped, I don't remember why, but I do remember the day I grieved over its loss, the day I suddenly "woke up" and realized I hadn't been doing it anymore.
I love to write and sometimes I would put different journal entries or poems to music.

The three women mentioned above have always spoken, ministered from afar, and reawakened this passion for music in my life just when I think it's completely gone. Sure I'm musical - I am always fartin' away on my guitar and lately I'm practically glued to playin' the piano - but to put my energies into making a conscious effort of being creative through music, through writing...that is what I haven't done in a long time.

Listening to Rita all day stirred this up again because I haven't listened to her music in a long time. I have always tried to figure out what the connection is with them...I remember the first time I heard a Jann Arden song I thought I was hearing one of my journal entries to music, I wrote very similar to her and I was so shocked. Maybe it is a similar passion and heart, maybe it is a kindred spirit thing - whatever it is...I love it and love how God uses things like people, music, and words to reveal ones passions, dreams, and loves.

Wow - two posts in one day I'm on a ROLL!!....hahaha
I'm off to do some Pilates....