<

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Barely Breathing

This candle lit room envelopes me in its calm,
surrounds me with its gentle light.
This moment is precious, delicate and I dare not breath for fear of it leaving.
This presence with me is soft, gentle, and allows me to rest,
I am known so completely, so entirely..... what amazing rest is found in that.

Staring out the rain streaked window is somehow so satisfying.
Watching drops of rain gather weight and then slide down the pane is like watching flowers dance in the wind or birds soar on a breeze.
I sit barely breathing, just watching rain fall and cover the world on the other side of the window.

I am challenged in this moment.
Not as if someone were yelling - but I am challenged in the whisper.
That intimate whisper sending shivers throughout my soul.

I look forward to watching the rain as I slip into sleep.