<

Thursday, October 27, 2005

sway to the beat

Savory Cuban melodies and rhythm's play - filling this stripped dungeon of an office with the sway and swagger of a land very different from my own.
In my world this day, walking is not required, one must rather "move to the rhythm" in order to get around.
Homework falls into step and typing is only done along with the beat as my mind drifts to places more warm, air thick and hot.

I smile as I type, dance as I think, and laugh at the jokes my teacher subtly dropped at 8:20 this morning...

I am still exhausted - felt pressed to pray yesterday and found out rather humorously that I was not alone. A prayer meeting that started at 12:30 by about 1:30 had almost the whole school invovled and while classes were stopped we spent the afternoon seeking God, being very aware of His call for us to pray, to confess and repent of sins, and to seek His face.
It was an incredible time of seeking God - prompted by the Spirit - as a body...
It isn't done - that was only the beginning.....