<

Sunday, November 20, 2005

the power of steadiness

It is a new week - or well some look at it as the last day of the old week - either way it is a new day and for me and the start of a new week. I am still sick being plagued with a cough that keeps me up most nights and a constant feeling of nausea that is just plain annoying. It really is frustrating trying to live life with this "thing" stayin' about. Anyway...soon it will go.

My aunt sent me a quiz about which race in middle earth you belong too....
Very pleased to find out where I belong ....

Rohirrim
What race in Middle Earth do you belong too?

I have been surprised by the power of truth as of late.
One of the stories of my life is how God has been so subtle and yet so powerful in that subtleness. How I have always wanted to SEE him working, moving, changing things in my life and how I never could. You know...I wanted the burning bush, the red sea, cloud by day and fire by night sort of stuff...don't we all?
Then a few years later I look back and see the power of God, the grace of his action in my life, and how he so incredibly changes things.

He hasn't changed his pattern of how he works in my life and I have grown so thankful for it. He is steady and consistent, changing things deep and below eye level. Sure it is easy to get discouraged thinking that "nothing is changing" "nothing is happening" but in reality something colossal is getting reworked, not just surface stuff, but things that lie deep. He is taking the time to rework things properly so that they are brand new.

Becaues I have looked back in my life and seen this "pattern" and have known the power of this steadiness, I feel like I have faith to trust and obey in the face of crazy things. I feel reckless and like a little child without a worry because I know God is working and I trust his work.

I have encountered Truth and surprise surprise! it has shown itself steady, consistent, and transformative. Doing such work that I cannot even imagine, behind the surface, in deep places, like a steady stream of water falling through cracks and bringing life to dry places.

very, very neat....