<

Sunday, January 22, 2006

beauty eh

For the last couple weeks the trees outside have been covered with snow and ice that makes even those of us who despise the cold love the winter season. It has been so beautiful. As I walk around town to various places, so many times I have had to stop because the beauty of the snow on trees, vehicles, houses, and fences just stops me short. Of course I haven't had my camera with me in those moments and I get frustrated with that reality, so I have decided to find a way to attach my camera to my body, so that it will come everywhere with me, for those most wonderfully random moments of beauty.

Yet that is a fine line is it not? I mean, I wonder sometimes if God simply gives us moments of beauty for that moment, something to be tucked away in your secret place with God.

Take a sunrise or sunset for example, some are more brilliant than others, all are amazing, and they last but a few string of moments and then life continues. I love finding those little moments of beauty that God places in our day, just for you if you have eyes to see them there, because there is always beauty around you, we are immersed in it, yet we often don't have eyes to see it.

What has been beautiful to me lately?
- snow on the trees.
- the sound of a piano
- the look in the eyes of my friend
- those two wonderful sun spots here at the college
- watching the girls try hard and play so well at soccer this wkd
- seeing the weeds on the side of the highway frozen and covered in ice
- hearing Jack purr as he is all curled up on the bed
- hearing my friend laugh from across the room
- listening to Michael Kaeshammer's blues piano rendition of Just a Closer Walk with Thee (frickin' amazing)

What beauty have you seen/noticed lately?