<

Friday, June 02, 2006

a post for ya'll

There are many reasons why a post is in order.
1) It is June second
2) It's been awhile
3) Those of you who read this instead of emailin' or something need an update *wink*

There are more - but seriously - the Oilers need to have another game so I can write another post! (oh hardy har....)

I have been working for week and a half now.
I missed the exhaustion following a work day, there is something really satisfying when you work hard and are tired afterwards, I don't mind that sort of exhaustion, don't mind it at all. I need to learn how to apply that when I am trying to follow Jesus, I need to learn (and expect to) get tired or exhausted in my pursuit of truth because honestly it'll take all your focus and determination.

Proverbs chapter two verses one to five (the following is verses four and five):
....and if you look for it (wisdom) as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.....

When I read that I think of the type of search that would be, it overwhelms me how exhaustive and long it would be. I can imagine the feeling I would feel spiritually would be similar to feeling of satisfaction and exhaustion after working hard at something.

I just watched X3 - now I wish I was a super hero - really really wish I was a super hero.

I'm off to make tea.