<

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I FOUND IT

I am VERY excited.
I have been listening to my longest running favorite song
"walking in memphis" by Marc Cohn.

When I was little (9-ish) my uncle had made my mom a mixed tape with a bunch of excellent songs on it. Being little and quite oblivious to artists and or their music I never really knew the names of what I was listening too.

I would get home from school and while mom was still at work I would throw in this mixed tape and turn the volume WAY up.
Sometimes I would just lie on my back on the living room floor - soaking up what I was hearing. Sometimes I would dance my heart out, or just dance about while I did random things around the house.
I loved it. Absolutley loved it.
(I did this with the Beatles as well)

As time moved on - I think the tape got lost or misplace or just overplayed. But when I actually realized that I missed that music I could not track down this tape or the artist that was on it!
I was so frustrated.

Well...I was searching for information on the song "walking in Memphis" and realized that the CD that song is orginally found on has ALL the songs that I have been craving to hear since I was 10.
I'm so excited that I am getting teary eyed. I am constantly amazed at how music can just take you places that you haven't been in years.

I feel like I am in the living room again, sprawled out on the floor, being taken away by rythmns and melodies that just soaked right into my soul.