<

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Quite a day

It amazes me how all of a sudden one day comes along and is packed full of challenges and encouraging little things. Conversations, things you read, things you've been wrestling with for a long time all seem to pick a day in unison - and jump you.

Hijacking all reasonable thought they infiltrate your system and set up camp and the remainder of the day is left in attempts to maneuver around them as they go about their deliberations.

It amazes me the change that I have undergone - by the grace of God - too where I find myself today. I am daring to have an opinion on things now, daring to think about issues and life in general whereas before I just never thought, felt like I was around people who never let me think. Correction - I thought, very deeply on things - but never was given chance to verbalize. So thoughts just stewed in my head in an endless dance.

My love of the Haiku has been reawakened today. I remember in highschool when we were introduced to it, I loved it...thought it was awesome.....and don't really remember why I stopped writing. Today...it has hit me once again - the stark simplicity, the ability to look at something so everyday and communicate it in such a way as to take the reader by surprise, help them see it differently.

I feel challenged to view my life as though it is through a Haiku...
I feel challenged to compose at least one Haiku a day....

whether I take on this challenge has yet to be decided...nonetheless...challenged I am.