<

Saturday, September 10, 2005

wind, rain, and a latte

When I am lieing in my bed I can see out my window where the tops of the trees and the sky are the only view. This morning I woke up to see the tops of the trees bending, twisting, and nearly snapping in half as they were getting tossed about by the wind.

In my delirium I thought "HURRICANE!"
and then chuckled to myself as I realized I was in the middle of the prairies where hurricane's are highly unlikely.

So I stayed in bed under my warm duvet cuddling my cuddle blanket and petting Jack's belly (it is so strange having a cat who likes having his belly rubbed).

It started raining later on today and after wasting some time watching the movie Best of the Best 2 (that's right there is a sequel for those who know the movie Best of the Best.) I walked back to my house in the rain.

What does this rainy evening find me doing?
I am nursing a stove-top Chai Latte....
About to do some homework (blah)
and hangin' out with a friend...(awesome)

Today's 10 beautiful things:
- stove-top chai latte
- splashing in rain puddles
- Genesis
- the desire to do Martial Arts again
- the Arabic language (written and spoken)
- the sound of rain on window's
- rubbing Jack's belly and having him fall back asleep
- volleyball
- Chuck Taylor's
- anticipation for tomorrow