<

Friday, August 26, 2005

elmer fudd and picasso

It is always strange the moving onto something new. It is completely exciting and yet completely over charged with such raw emotion on every level. The strangeness of this movement from one to the other, has been a realization for me as of late, it is a bit awkward, a little weird, and just all together strange. I am afraid there just isn't another word for it - strange is the only word that fits.

I feel as though I have been hanging in the middle since returning here - that lump of time situated between the end of one thing and the beginning of another. This hasn't been an altogether bad experiance - just odd really. That awkward feeling of being not quite sure what to do, where to go, or how to go about it.
How long do you dwell on what has ended? When do you take time to look forward? How do you start taking those steps?

Today was the official day of "something new". The cue of tomorrows hold the unthinkable, unimaginable, and down right exciting. Abundant with possibilities, they run through my mind daring me to dream big. Live open-handedly. What a challenge eh? To trust God enough to not hold tightly to things we have no control over anyway.
A handful of students arrived and started their "training" this evening. Very strange to have them about the campus. It is all starting, here we go - lets get jiggy with it.

To flip to the other side of the coin - there is something mind numbingly wonderful about Steven Seagal movies. I try hard not to rent them (really I do) but it is like there is this gravitational pull inside of me towards them.
I laugh at their cheesiness, bad acting, and weak plots and yet greatly enjoy the weapons, witty sarcasms, and martial arts. I am weak, like putty in its hands, when it comes to martial arts and army movies....hahaha. As the rest of the movies I have seen of his, I will likely forget the plot and whether or not I have seen it only to rent it again and find out half way through that I have seen it..... it really is a beautiful cycle.

Today's 8 beautiful things:
- tea
- cuddling with Jack (the cat)
- Mario Cart
- Coke
- playing the piano all alone in the dark
- when the air is "misty" not quite fog, not rain...but mist.
- a new "office" to decorate
- seeing old friends again